Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Row, Row, Row Your Teddy?

The past weeks in the Peapod story time at the Library, one of the songs we sang was "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." Lydia really loves the song and enjoys the motions. I sit with Lydia on the floor between my legs. I hold her hands and together we "row" the boat, rocking motions front and back.

Well, yesterday while visiting with my parents in their travel trailer, I attempted to put Lydia down for a nap. We put her in David's (the youngest) bunk bed with her teddy and tucked her in. She was talking and whining and really wasn't settling down. I had pulled the plastic cutain across to block out the light and some of the noise/view. After a few minutes we heard Lydia again making some kind of sounds. It sounded a little like "ow", so I peeked around the curtain to see what she was doing.

The sweetest sight met my eyes. There was Lydia, legs out, holding her teddy by the hands in front of her and rocking back and forth, singing, "Row, Row. Row Row!"

No comments:

Post a Comment