Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bargain Shopping

Today was 1/2 price day at the Goodwill! Hurrah! Lydia and I left as soon as she finished breakfast, about 10:30. We didn't get home until 3:20pm. I am wiped out. We didn't do much shopping, mostly walking. We started by running a library book back to the Euless Library. Then we headed to the closest Goodwill. There I found a skirt, dress, and culottes for me. I spent $7.00. Then we went to the Goodwill in Watauga. I found a cute pair of Strawberry Shortcake PJ's for Lydia and a cute purse for me. Lydia was so funny. When we first got to the store they had no more carts. SO I tried carrying Lydia and then put her down to walk. We went to the purse section and she immediately started scooping up every purse she could find on the floor. It was really cute. She loves her accessories. When we left there is was after 1:00 so I stopped at KFC to get some lunch for us. First they forgot my potato wedges, so I had to go back up and get them. Then when I opened my sandwich, I discovered that the bottom bun was hard. YUCK! So, I took it back up to the counter and they gave me a new one. After lunch, Lydia and I drove over to the Car Wash and went through the automatic wash. My car was gross! Covered in bird mess! Double YUCK! Then we left for home. We tried to take the highway, but the man behind me pulled out into the lane blocking my entry, forcing me in a turn only lane. So I had to get off. I wandered down the access road until I knew I was lost. I called my hubby and got directions back home. Lydia is worn out and so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment